Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Personnel Committee CPD meeting agenda

JOINT PERSONNEL COMMITTEE AND SPECIAL TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
7:30 P.M., THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2009
ROOM 207, TOWN HALL, 84 SOUTH MAIN STREET, CHESHIRE CT 06410

AGENDA:

1. Roll Call.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Police mediation fact finder.
4. Status report on labor negotiations, executive session.
5. Adjournment.


With regard to the police mediation, you may recall that at a November meeting I asked the TM for a timeline regarding his involvement. I wanted to know principals involved and actions taken. The TM provided that timeline and I intend to ask questions about it tomorrow night.

So as to avoid improper disclosure of any confidential information, I offer you the first two paragraphs here:

In response to a request from Councilman Tim White regarding the events leading up to the Police Union’s vote of no confidence, I am providing the following chronology from the date I first was informed about the Union’s concerns to the date of the vote.

I met with various members of the Police Union Executive Board (E Board) on September 28, 2008, and in 2009 on February 19, May 21, June 10, June 22, and July 23.


I'm not including anymore because I'm thinking that - in case there's confidential information - I'll be able to ask questions and receive feedback more easily at tomorrow's meeting.

I also note that before September 2008 I voiced very serious concerns about morale problems at the PD. Unsurprisingly though, I met the typical defiance and recalcitrance that is all-too-typical of this Administration. But maybe that's just me? I'm sure the former Council getting fired had "nothing" to do with the performance of the Administration, right?

Tim White

No comments: