Tuesday, December 22, 2009

NHR & MRJ on the pool... and the referendum timing

The NHRs Luther Turmelle and the MRJs Jesse Buchanan each ran articles on last night's pool meeting in today's papers.

Luther's article mentions that the OpenAire structure would take eight months to build. And I recall the KBE structure would take ten months to build.

These timeframes are critical to me in relation to when a referendum is held. As I said yesterday, there is a certain point after which I will not support holding a special referendum for the pool this year.

I figure that since it costs money to hold a special referendum, then it only makes sense to hold one if we're going to save money elsewhere... presumably by reducing the pool's 2010 / 2011 heating bill with a permanent structure. And if we're not going to save that money, then this should simply go to referendum in November during the general election.

Tim White

No comments: