Monday, May 12, 2008

School news

The BOE was set to meet tonight at Humiston for continued budget discussions (MRJ, by Stacy Graham Hunt). "As the discussion continues, board member Alan Sobol said he hopes to make budgetary adjustments that do not negatively affect students."

The Norton PTA met tonight and the Boy Scouts Troop 90 had a chance to participate. I got to the meeting late, but was told that everyone has agreed to get the insurers together to better understand the liability concerns. I'm thankful for that. I'm a former member of Uncle Barney's (and now Bob Thatcher's) Troop 90... the Scouts were a very positive force in my life and I'll certainly try to support them however I can.

Tim White

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone go to the BOE budget/finance meeting? I know Peter Massey reads the blog. Maybe he can give us an update on what's going on.

Anonymous said...

If the Boy Scouts cannot use the school due to insurance reasons then all other groups should be in the class.