Sunday, May 11, 2008

Recusal request retracted (hotWatergate 15)

As I mentioned in my May 8 hotWatergate post, it was suggested to me that I may need to recuse myself from Tuesday's vote because I spoke with one of the bidders. And while I'm always open-minded and willing to listen, I did find the simple suggestion somewhat troubling. Nonetheless, I now understand that the suggestion for a recusal will likely be directed toward the entire Council... not just me. And in that case, we're really in a pickle. So I'm guessing that I won't be recusing myself.

Btw, for those of you who are interested in good government, I strongly encourage you to attend Tuesday's meeting and ask questions. Based on nothing more than the April 22 Council meeting, I expect the majority to avoid real discussion on this topic... instead they'll hide behind the threat of litigation and repeatedly defer to the Town Attorney for cover... never attempting to explain to their boss (you, the voters) all of the issues that have created hotWatergate.

Tim White

No comments: