Monday, March 19, 2007

Video working?

When you play the video, does the audio work?
yes
no
I don't know. Because I'm a caveman-that's the way I think.
pollcode.com free polls
ok, ok, OK... I know people are going to be upset with that comment, but you need to understand... that's the punchline from one of my alltime favorite pop culture icons... and I'd use that line regardless of the recent flurry of comments on the blog. See, I grew up on UNFROZEN CAVEMAN LAWYER (click for the wikipedia page).


"Invented" during my formative years (1988) by the late Phil Hartman, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer was one of the funniest SNL characters ever.

And if I'm gonna put time into this blog, I insist on having some fun with it! And how could you not enjoy classics, such as

"It's just 'Cirroc', your Honor.. and, yes, I'm ready. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you."

—Phil Hartman as "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer", Saturday Night Live, November 23, 1991.

Tim White

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now tim you know how defensive the CAVE men of Cheshire are about being called CAVE men-now why is that is it bc they decide on policy by saying what does the other side want and then just getting on the 180 position.

Anonymous said...

Good one Tim
I like it when you stick it to the man or CAVE men

Anonymous said...

Full transcript: Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer from 23-Nov-1991.

I miss Phil Hartman.