Saturday, August 08, 2009

Make the pool summer-only?

I know the pool structures all came back in the $5,000,000 range (or more). But I still want to hear more from those who proposed. I mean... theoretically... if any of them said they could reduce the annual energy bill from $400,000 to zero... and the ROI would be 13 years... then I might see it being viable at referendum.

Sure, I don't see that being the case. But we've come this far. And despite my best efforts, it's unrealistic to send anything to referendum this fall. So we may as well hear from the companies about their anticipated energy-savings. Though I don't know why they would've excluded any significantly positive energy-savings numbers from their proposals. (Only one of six companies included projected energy-savings. And those numbers were explicitly requested.)

Tim White

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!! SUMMER ONLY!!

Anonymous said...

Answer is obvious..quit thorwing good money after bad.