Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Milk Commission

Fellow Nutmeggers, fear not! For the kind and thoughtful souls who spend their days toiling away Under the Gold Dome are working hard to save us. Yes, they have finally crafted a solution to that which is most troubling to all of us. They have drafted:

AN ACT CONCERNING THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A CONNECTICUT MILK COMMISSION.

I'll be able to sleep much more soundly tonight, particularly since I know that CT will have several more commissioners, each of whom get paid $100 for each Milk Commission meeting.

But wait... there's more! Just in case you have any questions, feel free to click on the above link. Then you can read the actual text of the bill to understand how the legislature is protecting us. Here's an example of the text:

Sec. 8. (NEW) (Effective July 1, 2007) (a) When the milk commission believes that a violation of sections 1 to 10, inclusive, of this act or of any regulation, order or decision adopted or made pursuant to sections 1 to 9, inclusive, of this act has occurred, the milk commission may...
What would we do without our legislature?

Tim White

p.s. I heard this one was Bill Curry's... How many CT legislators does it take to screw in a light bulb? Apparently, 187 is not enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.Over $175,000+ benies for the staff. I wanted to apply but reading all of the criteria I'am not qualified because I drink MILK. Fewww. The are trying to protect the public I guess??