Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Blog update

Couple of random thoughts on the blog...

Some of this stuff is getting to be a bit much. Please temper your comments. And if you don't, one thought going through my mind... I may start deleting more comments, particularly ones that include names of people who are not elected officials. For instance, if you want to comment on a sitting Council or BOE member... or someone who is a candidate for office (I now believe the party caucuses are in July), then I would consider that more likely to be "fair game," rather than someone who is simply a resident here in town... I don't want to have to start "moderating" comments... that would require me to review comments before they get posted. And since I have a job, I wouldn't normally be able to post comments right away... and the conversation would get slowed down significantly... detracting from some of what I believe is the benefit of a blog... the immediacy. Ok... sorry for ranting, but I do feel that we can do a better job of policing ourselves... so no "trolling."

And now back to the blog... you'll see to the left that I separated blogs from websites. As well, I added a few blogs... some of local interest, some of state interest. I'm not concerned if it's a left-leaning blog, right-leaning blog or simply a blog Lost in Space. I'm just trying to do some stuff to liven it up a bit... sorry... still haven't gotten a video camera, but do intend to buy one relatively soon... maybe next month. But at least I've figured out how to upload from youtube to blogger. Now I just need to figure out how to upload from a dvd to youtube... shouldn't be too tough.

And finally... if you're interested in getting your thoughts posted on the front page, feel free to send me stuff. I'll probably be more than happy to post it. And I'm not too concerned about whether I agree with you. Please do though make it original content. If it's just a copy and paste job, I'm much less likely to want to post it. And if you become a regular front page poster, maybe you could help take on the administrative duties... for what it's worth, many blogs have taken on a life of their own... with numerous front page posters and administrators... but my concern is that Cheshire doesn't have the critical mass to do that... although it certainly seems as though traffic is picking up lately.

Tim White

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great.

I think it's fantastic that you've made such efforts to communicate with the people of Cheshire. The fact that they've taken the initiative to make it a dialogue is even more encouraging.

Good on you for building this community.

Anonymous said...

Tim
You are kidding right? You put this blog out and then when people put negative comments on it you say 'be cool"
Get real

Anonymous said...

12:43:00,

It's his blog and he laid down some ground rules.

He wasn't after the negative comments, just the public attacks against private persons. That's legit.

Anonymous said...

Good job Tim. The personal attacks don't benefit good dialogue.

Anonymous said...

Cheshire is Lucky to have TW