Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Council mtg 5/22

The meeting was fairly quiet. One thing did cross my mind though after the meeting...

Since Cheshire is currently getting shortchanged $26,000 in relation to CPD overtime on the I-84 project... and since the legislative session is nearly complete (June 6, I think), I suggested to Matt Hall and Michael Milone that the Council invite Cheshire's legislative delegation to the next Council meeting.

We could request their assistance in getting reimbursed for the police overtime and, more generally, what they intend to do about ensuring no similar fiascoes recur. And of course, we could get an update on what happened in Hartford this year.

As for details on the $26,000, I don't have much details on it. The first I recall having heard about it was in the Herald last week.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

No comments: