Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today I took a hike up Connecticut's second highest falls - Roaring Brook Falls. Here's a shot of the brook near the chimney:Here's a shot of the brook from above the main falls:This is a view of Sleeping Giant from Prospect Ridge (above the falls):Here a couple of pictures of the main falls:And here's a short video I took:



I've been going up there since I was a kid. I especially love going up there in the winter or when it's raining. I find it very quiet, beautiful and peaceful.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post and pictures Tim.

Readers may be interested in learning more about the falls and how the town acquired the property by visiting cheshirelandtrust.org. There is a lot of info and plenty of great photos too.

If you like waterfalls there is a link to a great site on Connecticut water falls listed too.

Readers should note that Roaring Brook is actually the states highest single drop falls. Kent falls is higher but consists of a series of cascades and falls.

Tim Slocum