Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Council gives the pool enclosure to the PBC

Tonight's most spirited discussion was certainly the vote to direct the PBC to recommend a pool enclosure to the Council. I thought there were several valid points made by the loyal opposition, though I didn't exactly agree.

It seemed to me that Councilman Adinolfi wanted to give the PBC more time. And while I was comfortable with that, I absolutely wanted to give them a deadline to act. No more foot dragging on this.

And Councilman Ecke seemed concerned that the Council should have the final say on which structure goes to referendum. I agreed with him on that, but simply wasn't that concerned about the process of getting there. There's just too many variables with the pool and I want action... and I'm comfortable moving forward with an enclosure that is the PBCs second choice.

Anyway... any thoughts or comments on tonight's pool enclosure discussion?

The vote was unanimous.

Tim White

2 comments:

Breachway said...

Tim, I think this is what the people voted for...a TC that is willing to work with each other and get the pool dealt with in the right way. I think both Ecke and Adinolfi had valid points. The difference between the new council and the old council was obvious...the new council listened and made some changes. The TC needs to make the decision on what the best option is...nice job TC.
- I am also going to point out Anne Giddings for also voicing her concerns which didn't necessarily line up with the original draft of the proposal. I think everyone wants a rep that is open minded regardless of party lines.

Anonymous said...

The funny part is that for the last four years Mr Ecke could have done something about the pool. I guess now he wants to start and make the hard decision. Good for him for jumping into the water but it's been costing the taxpayers millions of $$$ the last four years. All I can say is "It's about time".