Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ron Paul's MESSAGE is winning

During tonight's debate, I heard:

John McCain say he agreed with Ron Paul's call to cut spending.

Mitt Romney speak strongly about the need for entitlement reform.

Mike Huckabee invoke the 10th amendment.

Obviously, I don't remember every word of every debate going back to last May. But I have been watching fairly closely. And I think tonight was the first time I heard each of the other candidates mention at least one of the reasons why I'll be voting for Ron Paul next Tuesday.

Ron Paul may not be the next President. Nonetheless, I do firmly believe that America needs to balance its budget (including funding the "off balance sheet" unfunded long term liabilities, such as Social Security and Medicare) and do everything we can (such as a transitioning back to the gold standard) to avert the likely continued massive wealth redistribution from America to the developing world... not that I want the developing world to stay (relatively) undeveloped... I just don't want America to pay the cost for others' benefit.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim, do not have a problem with you pushing for Ron Paul, just do your job in the same manner as he would on the Town Council. To date your are failing, you vote for the North End Mall then you criticize it the way it was passed. You are either for something or against it, no political dodging. If you support Ron Paul then you have to take the lead and minimize overall spending increase to the Town and BOE budget.