Sunday, January 27, 2008

PZC vote Monday night

I understand the PZC will be voting on the proposed northend development on Monday night.

Regardless of how the PZC votes... I hope one thing happens... PZC members and town staff stop giving (what seems to be) legal advice. As a voter, I find it bothersome. Isn't that the reason we have an attorney?

And while I've consistently tried to share my views with all of you, with the exception of Diane Visconti and Tim Slocum... I don't remember any incumbent Council member ever offering their views on this proposal (outside of last year's vote)... at least not here at TWL. So in an effort to increase public awareness of how your Council members feel about the proposed ND... I just sent this email to the eight other Council members:

All…

Many people in town are concerned about the proposed north end development. So in an effort to increase public awareness of how their elected officials feel about this topic, I ask each of you to offer your ideas to the public via my blog (or any other method). I recognize that we’re all busy and that some of you may not be able to reply. Nonetheless, I wanted to offer you a platform… in your words and unedited… so nothing can be taken out of context.

Perhaps one specific topic to address would be your thoughts on tomorrow’s PZC vote.

I hope to hear from each of you.

thanks,
Tim


I'll keep you posted when (if!) people respond.

Btw, isn't this a great feature of the tubes? Unlike newspapers, we don't need to be concerned with "space constraints."

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave them an out by stating they may too busy to reply, wrong concept. You should have stated as elected public officials they are obligated to reply. Stop being weak and push for answers.

Anonymous said...

P&Z MEMBERS WHO WILL VOTE ON THE W/S ZONE CHANGE

Harris,
Cobern,
Kurtz,
Strollo,
Dawson and
Todisco
Voted for the change to the Town Plan of Conservation and Development and for the Zone Change to the Interchange Zone to allow retail and residential and thereby enabled W/S to advance to this critical point.

They got us here.

The question is, will they continue vote in support of the developers and as a result, change Cheshire's forever?

Martin Cobern 272-1397
Patricia Flynn-Harris 272-1392
Earl J. Kurtz, III 271-1405
Sean Strollo 272-2107
Woody Dawson 272-7400
Louis B. Todisco 272-4394


Voting for the first time on any W/S request are:

Leslie C. Marinaro 272-0318
Andre E. Maye 272-5933
John P. Kardaras 272-4201


The following council people voted for the W/S Development

Matt Hall, Chairman, D 272-5717

Michael G. Ecke, D 272-1351 michaele584@aol.com

Matt Altieri, D 272-1935 maltieri@cox.net

Elizabeth Esty, D 271-3248 elizabeth.esty@yale.edu

Diane D. Visconti, D 272-7719 Vis1795@aol.com

Tim White, R 439-4394 timwhite98@yahoo.com

Town Manager Supported It

Milone, Michael 271-6660 mmilone@cheshirect.org

http://leversandpulleys.com/blog/archive/cheshire-interchange-zone-mall-scheme/

A very interesting link CLICK HERE

Anonymous said...

I think you gave the council members the right opportunity here on your blog. And thanks also to the "anonymous" poster for reminding everyone how people voted previously.
sz

Anonymous said...

Thought the vote might have been televised! Although it looks like it's a done deal.

Anonymous said...

As I have told Tim White in the recent past my opinion on this doesn't carry any weight anymore. PZC votes on this...not a former member sitting on Town Council. I also told my former colleagues on the PZC that I wouldn't opine publically until after they voted.

I am disappointed with the vote though not very surprised. The zone text passed by the same vote margin (7-2)under nearly the exact same plan laid out before the PZC.

To Andy Maye (D) and Leslie Marinaro (R) I commend you for your courage on this and for upholding the same bipartsan opposition as the two voices they replaced.(Slocum & Ranando) This was not their duty at all but its an interesting parallel.

Finally I am disgusted that this momentous vote was not televised. My disappointment is centered on the fact that the process has been compromised. TV wouldn't change an outcome but it gives the taxpayer the opportunity to see the process. The chairman - Sean Strollo and the town manager have a hand in this and their decision was in error in judgment in my opinion.

Ultimately people with good intentions are stacked on both sides of this debate. It is the now the town's obligation to see to it that the residents best interests are safeguarded. My take is that this task just became more difficult.