Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hitchcock Phillips House tour


I love the internet!

A few days ago I got an email from Diane Calabro with a followup from Mary Ellen Kania. The Historical Society (more precisely, Mary Ellen Kania, Josiah Rowe, Richard Smith and my favorite hometown comedian, Ron Gagliardi) put together this video, but it hadn't yet been uploaded to the web. So they asked me to do it... easy enough. Anyway... here's their video about the House. It includes a nice little history of the House and of Cheshire. I hope you enjoy it.

On a somewhat related note... the Titus Moss walk may happen again this year. Stay tuned.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember attending one of the last open Town Meetings in 1971 or 72, and voting to appropriate the funds for the town to buy the Phillips House. What a bargain the town got for $42,000!

The zoning laws at the time might have allowed McDonalds to open at the site, and this was a motivating factor for town voters.

What a gem we have in the center of town. Thanks to the Cheshire Historical Society and to all who make it happen.