Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rte 42 update

The Route 42 reconstruction project (from Broadview to Rosemary at the corner of King) continues to drive me bonkers! No, seriously, this project seems to consist of nothing more than delay after delay!... except, of course, for all the money that was wasted on repaving it last summer...

But onto the story...

I was made aware of this most recent delay in November. The "head's up" came from the Central Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments (Waterbury region). They mentioned it to the Town Manager, who then mentioned the delay at a Council meeting. Subsequently, I asked the Town Manager to try to get to the bottom of this delay.

But how?

My main thought was this... key decision makers within the DOT don't seem to care about what I, or the neighborhood residents, think. However, whenever those decision makers delay a project, there must be a reason for the delay. So, my main goals are these...

- learn the reason for the most recent delay, and
- learn the criteria used by the DOT in prioritizing their project list.

My apologies... I lost this image. I'm having some technical difficulties.

(I think those are fair and reasonable questions.)

As such, I asked the Town Manager to send a letter to the DOT asking for answers to these questions. The letter is here (click on it to expand it):

You may notice that the letter is dated December 21, 2006. I haven't heard back yet, but I'm not too concerned. With the holidays and such, I'm sure things are just moving a bit slow in Hartford.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tim.

You-Know-Who should have done this years ago.

Perhaps if she did not focus exclusively on the teeth of Hartford school children, these questions would have been answered long ago.