Friday, January 26, 2007

My day

I've had an interesting day. I decided to take a day off and it was worth it.

I kicked off the day by meeting with our Town Planner, Bill Voelker. The topic was the W/S Development's proposed lifestyle center and I learned a lot. I think this could definitely be a worthwhile project, although, if approved, the PZC & Inland/Wetlands will need to keep a close eye on, not only energy requirements, but the impact on everything, including traffic, sewers, the river, etc..

Then it was off to the studios of WFSB where I was fortunate enough to meet another of CTs new Congressmen, Joe Courtney. I didn't talk politics with him. I just congratulated him and wished him good luck... I really don't like chewing people's ears off, unless it's understood that is why we're talking. In my mind, a chance encounter doesn't qualify.

After the Congressman was interviewed, it was my turn. I didn't speak alone though. I asked Lee Grannis, of Clean Cities, to accompany me. I thought that was best as Lee was really the person who sold our DPW on the idea of biodiesel in Cheshire.

I thought the interview went well. Al Terzi started off the interview by calling me "smiley," which I thought was kind of funny. Not sure if that will make it on the air.

I don't think I said anything that will surprise any of you. Although I did mention converting our school buses to biodiesel. And if you're wondering why I haven't been advocating for the conversion of our school buses, you can stop wondering. It was probably a year ago that I started trying to get our school buses to convert. But since I got nowhere, I decided to see if I could get our DPW to convert. And they did. All I needed to do was lay the facts on the table.

(Don't forget... if you happen to be watching TV tomorrow morning at 11:20am or so, flip on WFSB.)

Following the "Face the State" interview, I headed over to the Capitol. I wanted to testify about the mines. Unfortunately, the wait to testify was three hours long and I couldn't wait that long. So I just wished Lauren Korman and Bill Baker the best of luck with their testimony. They mentioned that several people came to testify in support of the mine remediation, including state Sen. Sam Caligiuri, Diane Visconti, Vickie and Michael Milone. State Rep. Al Adinolfi couldn't be there though as he was in the hospital. (I think he's well though. I visited him last weekend.)

It was an interesting day.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

No comments: