Thursday, January 11, 2007

Booming economy?

For all the naysaying (including some of my own) about taxes & the cost of living, healthcare, transportation, education, energy, etc... here's some good news (NHR, by Steve Higgins)... the job market is hot. In fact, lower Fairfield County's unemployment rate is down to 2.5%! That's pretty good.

And if you're looking to make a move and are willing to work that far away, you can make good money. Thing is, I used to work at UBS... the investment bank. I can assure you that they pay handsomely. As well, another investment bank is opening right across the street (and also adjacent to the train station). So my friends have been telling me of people getting offers that double and triple their salaries. Salaries that were already in six figures. And as far as I'm concerned... that's damn good money.

Of course, the commute stinks. That's why I quit. I live as far south as you can get in Cheshire and the commute was still close to 90 minutes each way.

Tim White

No comments: