Monday, June 22, 2009

Surfing in Costa Rica

I'm thinking... maybe the first week of July for a visit. And I've never tried surfing before, but some of these photos are pretty sweet.

I almost tried surfing once. It was June 2004, I was in San Blas, Mexico - on the wide-open Pacific blue. Absolutely unforgettable... I was travelling solo, but as usual had met up with a bunch of other backpackers. They wanted me to go lose my surfing virginity with them, but I was wiped out from a morning adventure in the local swamp... the sun was brutal. So I stayed at the hotel and took a nap... they went on to pretend to know how to surf. haha...

Anyway... I'd like to try it... even though I'm pretty confident that I'll be truly horrible. Regardless, I'm sure it'd be fun!

Tim White

4 comments:

Quint said...

Well, if the voters don't take care of tim, maybe the sharks will

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you have a "staycation" like the rest of us? Spend your money locally instead of giving it to a foreign nation

Anonymous said...

Can tim be any more anti-USA? Gives foreign nations money, drives a foreign car,

Anonymous said...

Wherever you go, stay there. You can ruin their government too