Monday, June 08, 2009

My reception yesterday

I had a great time yesterday. While I was out knocking on doors, not only was my visit welcomed by everyone I met (even the people who told me they'd never vote for me!), but one resident clipped a pink peony for me (for my girlfriend, really)... I also had several residents offer me some water (it was pretty hot)... including one lady who then asked "cold or room temperature?" Only to have her return to the front door with several bottles of chilled, flavored water! It was really nice.

I also got invited in by one lady who told me that she had just returned from the Seven Angels Theater in Waterbury. She loved the rock'n'roll performance she had seen and highly recommended it for others... I may check it out this summer.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself yesterday. It was a lot of fun.

As for issues... Mixville was the hot topic. Many people are not particularly happy. Frankly, I agree. For years, the Town Hall has a made conscious decision to ignore Mixville... while trying to push people toward the pool. And of course, my friends behind the dais happily ignore this willful disrespecting of west Cheshire. But hey... at least the Council is honest about it.

Tim White

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have lived in this town for 14 years and have only had my TC representative (currently Altieri)come by a few weeks before the election.
I have to give you a lot of credit for going out and speaking with your constituents and finding out what is on their mind.
It is too bad the other reps won't do that. They just assume the uneducated voters will vote them in along with their back door politics.

Lets get more reps like Tim!

Anonymous said...

I think the only people that are not happy with you are in the Town Hall, the Dems and developers, realtors, special interest groups and of course the "Good Ole Boys" who run the town.

Keep the light on these people.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim! I thought Ron Paul was your girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

what is his name?

Anonymous said...

I've heard rumors that Mike Ecke is Tim's girlfriend, but I don't believe it. Besides the fact that Tim likes real girls, he's too honest to date a compulsive liar.