Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm not the only one souring on the POTUS

This past week I really began to sour on President Obama. The key factor for me was his proposed Consumer Financial Protection Agency and his economic team - Bernanke & Geithner - that continue to spearhead such efforts. The CFPA is not only lipstick on a pig, but Bernanke & Geithner are the wrong people to enact anything of this nature.

Recall last fall when candidate Obama said:

"This is a final verdict,... on eight years of failed economic policies promoted by George Bush"

Excuse me, Mr. President. Who was leading the economic failure last fall?

Oh... that's right. It was Bernanke & Geithner.

Good judgment? I think not.

Regardless, Politico's Michael Falcone & Andy Barr are reporting that I'm not alone seeing the President in a less favorable light:

Eroding confidence in President Barack Obama’s handling of the economy and ability to control spending has caused his approval ratings to wilt to their lowest levels since he took office

I'm still hoping for the best for the President. But when you keep the same people in place, why would you expect a different outcome?

As for an explanation on why Obama's poll numbers are sagging:Gallup’s Lydia Saad said it is “not clear what’s behind the decline” in the president’s numbers, but she pointed to growing concerns over the administration’s deficit spending as a likely cause.

That sounds reasonable to me. I know that's one of my main concerns, along with negligient monetary policy.

And on a Cheshire note... I believe Lydia Saad is a Norton / CHS alum. Can anyone confirm that?

Tim White

No comments: