Sunday, July 27, 2008

Town's GIS software is unused

I'm guessing that this brief exchange at the July 8 Council meeting went largely unnoticed. But I also feel that it absolutely merits further discussion.And since we all know the town's various software systems can easily cost in the tens of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands of dollars)... I can't help but wonder... how many of the town's software packages are currently unused... or significantly underused (in relation to their intended purpose)?

Tim White

p.s. for those of you who pay close attention to this stuff, if you recall my comment thanking the Finance Director for coming forward and acknowledging problems with the financial software... ummm... yeeaahh... there was a reason why I thanked her for her candor. But as you could probably guess, these aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along.

No comments: