Sunday, July 27, 2008

MSM on "voters on MSM reporting"

Many of you know that I cancelled my cable TV a few months ago. As a result, I'm happy to say that I know little about the Presidential campaign. And as far as I'm concerned, I'll watch the debates, check the websites and choose the best option this fall. Until then, I won't be paying much attention to it. Besides, with hotWatergate, the pool, the turf and energy concerns here in Cheshire... I've got my plate full.

Nonetheless, I was curious to read a little about the politics of McCain/Obama... so I just visited Rasmussen Reports and couldn't help but Laugh Out Loud when I read this:

The majority of Florida voters (55%) think most reporters are trying to help Obama win the election. That is a bit higher than the national average. Just 7% think the media tries to help McCain, while 24% think reporters offer unbiased coverage of the election.

I'm not going to dissect that comment, but I do find it amusing on several levels.

Tim White

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to this month's Rasmussen survey, 49% of voters nationwide think most media is trying to help Obama. Only 24% believe the media is unbiased.

In fact, a recent study* found that 70% of media stories about Obama were favorable, while only 43% of stories about McCain were favorable.

So Tim, it's just as well you research the candidates on your own and form your own views, independent of the biased liberal media.

* (Study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism, and the Joan Shorenstein Center on Press, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University.

Anonymous said...

The Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University recently completed a study as well. They found that during the first six weeks of the general election campaign (began the day after Clinton conceded), ABC, CBS, and NBC evening news statements by anchors and reporters were generally neutral. And when they did offer options, 28% of the statements were positive for Obama while 78% were negative. For McCain, 43% were positive while 57% were negative.