Sunday, July 06, 2008

Hannibal Rising

I stopped by the library on Thursday to get some movies for the long weekend. And that's all I was going to get. But on the way out, I noticed Hannibal Rising (the book) for sale by the Friends of the Library. And since the $2 donation was for a good cause, I grabbed it and it's a gread read so far. (And definitely a much better read than the propaganda I was given on the Altieri/Fritz/Amman turf this weekend).

It appears the movie (Hannibal Rising) came out last year. I'm sure I'll see it at some point. I hope though that the movie is more in line with Silence of the Lambs, than with Hannibal. I thought Silence of the Lambs was fantastic both in text and in film. But while I loved Hannibal the book, the movie was a complete letdown.

Tim White

No comments: