Monday, July 28, 2008

The Billionaire Bankers' Bailout

"At the end of my tenure on this committee, I want it to be said that the safety and soundness of our financial institutions was not weakened on my watch," Dodd said. (WaPo, By Jeffrey H. Birnbaum and Carrie Johnson) - Chris Dodd, February 15, 2007

Interestingly, the article paints two seemingly contradictory pictures of Dodd. While the authors offer insight on his calls to reform our failing banking system, they also write that he was "a reliable friend" of bankers.

Bottom line to me though... Bush, Pelosi, Dodd, Shelby et al. screwed up bigtime. And while Bush is done... I hope the members of Congress who presided over this hear from the people back home. I simply don't agree with the Billionaire Bankers' Bailout.

My solution... check out this FoxNews interview of Ron Paul on the best solution to the bailout.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evidently fixing the America financial system primarily involved going to candidate luncheons in Cedar Rapids and Sioux City, those centers of world finance.

Dodd should be impeached for leaving his post in the hour of crisis