Monday, August 13, 2007

Transparency and accountability

I sent the following email to the Council members tonight:

All...

At Tuesday's meeting, I intend to make a motion to request an item be placed on the agenda.

Discussion and action re: Transparency and accountability in local government.


I hope that I can have unanimous support in adding this item to the agenda... and for the motion that I will hopefully be able to make if this item is added to the agenda... although I haven't drafted it yet.

thanks for your consideration,
Tim


Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you do get full support from the council. I'm disturbed by a letter in last weeks Herald that indicates that the tax collector's office changed the name on a tax bill in an effort to collect on the bill. Someone should be held accountable for that. We don't need another shenanigate, but the council should ask the town manager or the tax collector to explain those actions.

redtown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Regarding transparency, I hope all of the members realize that there is safety, not vulnerability, in transparency. When more information is provided directly, there’s less dependence by the populace on intermediaries, like opinion pieces in the Herald.

-csh
Cheshire Town Post

Anonymous said...

along those lines, the video for Town Council meeting 5-08-07 is now available online

Town Meeting Video Catalog

-csh