Monday, February 12, 2007

Running for office

Boy, oh boy... the emails, the blog comments and the letters to the local papers on the proposed northend development have really surprised me. I've had people tell me that I described the proposed development as "unique." And that I want "overcrowded schools" and "higher taxes."

Not sure when I made those comments. I even read my blog again and still couldn't find any of them.

Oh well. That's politics. So I guess I'm asking for it. lol.

One thing though for readers to consider... if you're ever thinking about running for office... even just local office... be prepared to have people misrepresent you and your words.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim - The people that wrote those letters are off base.

Anonymous said...

Puppies and kittens-I think that we all need a nap. When people get cranky they say mean things. A few hours sleep in the afternoon will do everyone good.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Tim the small amount of citizens who are sending out misinformation about the north end are about the same 5 people who would be against anything that they did not think of. very sad state of affairs. It will work on dude-hang in there

Anonymous said...

anon. 1:05
Speak for yourself, not anyone else.

Anonymous said...

Look at the Canton deal. The developer had to go back in a ask for a second zoning chnage to allow big box stores. The reason was the original idea of a small lifestyle community was not feasible. That means it was not a profit center for the developer.

Anonymous said...

What happens in Canton may not happen here. Get with it pops there are new ideas and its coming right at ya.
Boom
Bang
Blast
Kapow
Wham
Batman

Anonymous said...

People in Canton are very happy with this project, to imply something different is not honest. Also to imply that the developer is lying is also not fair.