Friday, February 23, 2007

RTC & Caligiuri

The Cheshire Republican Town Committee met tonight. The discussion was lively, including both the northend and the Governor's proposed budget. As you could guess, there was no clear consensus within the RTC on the northend... look no further than the Council vote a few weeks ago. However, there was a pretty clear consensus on the proposed state budget. Needless to say, rank'n'file Republicans, including me, are none too pleased. I personally encouraged Steve Carroll to publicly speak, as RTC Chairman, in opposition to the proposal.

I was expecting all of that though. What I didn't expect was to hear Sam Caligiuri say that the proposed budget was "fundamentally wrong for our economy," then expand on what he meant. Wow.

That may not seem like much to you, but as a sitting State Senator, I'm sure it means something to the "powers that be" in Hartford. As well, he's just a damn good speaker... articulate and succinct... he knows how to make a point diplomatically and avoid infuriating others. I appreciate that. I feel it helps to avert a lot of unnecessary partisan bickering between parties.

Anyway, my pleasant surprise this evening was a reminder of why I wanted Sam Caligiuri to win last November... regardless of his views... he cares, he's thoughtful and he presents himself extremely well.

Tim White

p.s. I gather the CRTC currently has no website up and running... I had been asking about that and got an answer tonight. Anyway, that's why there's no link to the left.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, if only Sammmy could think for himself instead of reciting from a pre-prepared script!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Anon 9:42 You obviously have never heard or spoken with Sam Caligiuri. It's the only explanation for such an ignorant remark.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I do and have!!!

Anonymous said...

It's the lame old "conservatives are dumb" meme from someone who incapable of doing more than parroting whatever drivel the Courant tells him is the gospel truth

Anonymous said...

What you say, 11:27????????