Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Letter opposing surge

I know I mentioned this letter before, but I just found a list of area legislators who signed the "troop surge" opposition letter... and as I was guessing, opposition to the surge fell largely along party lines.

Area Democrats signing the letter were Dono­van, Reps. Catherine F. Abercrombie, Joseph Aresimowicz, Bruce Zalaski, John Mazurek, Emil A. Altobello Jr., Mary M. Mushinsky, Mary G. Fritz and Vickie O. Nardello and Sen. Thomas P. Gaffey. Some Republicans were asked to sign the let­ter, Donovan said, but they declined. (MRJ)
As I've mentioned here before, I'm no fan of the surge. But I can't help but wonder... among these people "opposing the surge,"

1) Who believes we're in Iraq largely because of oil?
2) Who has taken real action at the state level to reduce our dependence on foreign oil?

Tim White

No comments: