Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Referenda results -- November 2002 to June 2010

With the capital budget here, I've been wondering if there were any trend lines in referenda results over the past few years. So rather than wonder, I went to Town Hall and compiled the actual results that you can see here:Couple things:

- I chose 2002 to present because that particular data was all in one book in the Town Clerk's office. To go back further, I would've needed to find the second book. And I wasn't inclined to do that.

- The descriptions are a bit haphazard, but that was the easiest way for me to dissect them to identify any trendlines... on which I'll share my thoughts in the next week or so. Regardless, I'm confident you'll be able to recognize each of the projects.


Hope this is interesting. And I think it's fair to say that for some stuff, voter support hasn't changed. But for some other stuff, voter support has waned... while nothing has increased support over the past few years.

Tim White

No comments: