Friday, August 06, 2010

August 10: I'm voting for Sam Caligiuri for Congress

Described by the Hartford Courant as 'The Last Sane Man in Hartford' for his difficult vote as the only opponent of the train wreck known as the 2007-2009 state budget, Sam Caligiuri is very much a fiscal conservative.

Sam understands the nuance of thoughtful public policy.

Sam knows how to win elections.

Sam has run a very positive campaign, discussing the issues... not personalities.

And most important to me in this race is Sam's constituent service. For example, when I asked Sam to support restoring subpoena power to state's attorneys Sam supported the idea. And when my dad voiced concern about a particular vote, Sam wrote my dad a two page letter explaining his stance. And though Sam and my dad disagreed, Sam took the time to explain his view... and my dad and I don't even live in his district!

For these reasons, I'll be voting for Sam Caligiuri for Congress on Tuesday. Go Sammy!!!

And here's a couple pix I took of Team Sam in his Waterbury office:
Tim White

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the Probate race?

Anonymous said...

The probate race is on the front page of the Herald and both Southington papers. No coverage of this?

Anonymous said...

I'm a Dem and hope to be voting for Jalowiec in November. The (D) incumbent seems, at a minimum to have an "ethics lapse" or is incompetant. With elderly parents and in-laws in both Cheshire and Southington, I don't want to have to deal with someone totally inexperienced in the Probate Court. There is no other choice!

Anonymous said...

"Team Sam" looks like they are just out of Dodd Middle School!