Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Heading to Haiti in a few days

As I've already mentioned, the capital budget vote was originally scheduled for tonight... but is now scheduled for August 31. Between the announcement of the planned August 24 vote and the announcement of the delayed August 31 vote, I planned a volunteer trip to Haiti. As such, I've been trying to offer my thoughts on the capital budget along the way. Anyway...

If you have a couple extra bucks to help out with a good cause -- the CT-based Haitian Health Foundation -- please donate a few dollars! It took me a while to figure it out, but I finally got my hands around creating an FB-linked fundraising page. So if you want any help doing the same for your cause, just drop me a line. I'd be happy to help.

And with 9/11 fast-approaching, I mention that I'll be taking a relic with me. A friend gave me a small piece of the lining from a known NYPD baseball cap of Father Mychal Judge. While he's probably remembered most for this tragic image, some are remembering him through prayer.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim,
The Franciscan friars and Poor Clare nuns will be praying for you every day during your mission of mercy to Haiti as you work to shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, and heal the sick.

These are the things Jesus says we must do to get to Heaven (Matt 25), and this was the meaning of Mychal Judge's prayer:

Lord, take me where You want me to go,
let me meet who You want me to meet,
tell me what You want me to say,
and keep me out of Your way.

God bless you,
Franciscan Friars