Saturday, January 31, 2009

Town resident has cure for America's ills

President Obama has tasked Tim Geithner and Ben Bernanke with "fixing the economy." Sure we all know that Geithner doesn't how to use turbotax. But I'm sure he'll do a great job "fixing the economy."

Regardless, who cares about the economy?

We need to focus on healthcare, since no one can afford it. Heck, even former Senate majority leader Tom Daschle had trouble affording his health insurance I gather... so much so that, like Tim Geithner, Daschle couldn't afford to pay his taxes.

But we need not wait for Geithner, Bernanke and Daschle to cure the country's ills. A town resident emailed me today with this brilliant suggestion that could fix the economy and seriously address the high cost of healthcare by the end of the year:

I'm not paying anymore taxes, because I forgot, used bad software, my dad was sick and it cost too much.

All kidding aside... are Dodd and Lieberman actually going to vote to confirm Daschle? They both voted for Geithner. And why is Obama sticking with Daschle?

Tim White

No comments: