Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some may call Speaker-to-be Donovan a "rubber stamp"

The MRJs Amanda Falcone did this piece on Speaker-to-be Chris Donovan of Meriden.

My favorite line in the article is from outgoing Speaker Jim "You want turf? I got turf!" Amann:

"Certain people may say he is a rubberstamp for unions," Amann said of Donovan. "He has to prove everyone wrong."

I can't believe someone would call a politician a "rubber stamp!" Oh wait, I forgot. US Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi kinda called some other pols a bunch of rubber stampers. I guess the term is within bounds.

Current Speaker Jim Amann built some name recognition in Cheshire during the past year when he earmarked $525,000 of his annual $12,000,000 slush fund annual $12,000,000 discretionary fund for turf at the high school.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm sure he'll do a great job."

I'm sure he will do a great job for the state employees.

Why can't they pick someone who doesn't have a track record of being aligned with special interest groups.