Monday, June 11, 2007

Open forum 6/12

The Sopranos: My initial reaction? I hated it. Upon further reflection... wow... now I think it was a great ending to a great show. Forcing me to step away from the TV and use my own imagination... I love it!

PZC met tonight. I watched a few minutes, but not too much. Someone here mentioned that there was no discussion of the ND tonight.

I caught word tonight that the Town is already officially an Energy Star town. I think that's great. It's taken a while... not only did the Energy Commission recommend the idea over a year ago, but... work began on some of the Energy Star requirements (there are three) perhaps, three years ago. And if you want your business to become an official Energy Star business, click here.

Recognizing that we're not about to see Senator DeLuca's resignation, the Courant editorial is calling for a possible impeachment. For my part, I sent a letter to the paper about this. And I didn't even bother blasting Sen. DeLuca... I'm upset with the body politic for having failed to demand action.

Ruth Podgwaite has officially announced that she won't be running for reelection. So a big thank you to Ruth for all of her years of service... and there have been many... she was my dad's English teacher at CHS... and he (and my mom) graduated in 1957! Ruth's been in the Cheshire schools for a while....

I emailed the Council TV director, Henry Chase, today. At the Relay, he mentioned to me that he now records town meetings on DVD. So I asked him if he now gives DVDs to the library. If so, I may start borrowing the DVDs from the library and uploading them to the web myself.... doesn't seem like Town Hall is too interested in doing it.

The pool consultant met with the P&R Commission last Wednesday. Only update I've heard is that the pool consultant didn't really know too much about energy, although they did know quite a bit about programming.

Alright... I'm going to bed. Anything interesting happening?

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed the Council TV director, Henry Chase, today. At the Relay, he mentioned to me that he now records town meetings on DVD. So I asked him if he now gives DVDs to the library. If so, I may start borrowing the DVDs from the library and uploading them to the web myself.... doesn't seem like Town Hall is too interested in doing it.

Thanks, Tim. I'm in the 3rd (you're 4th, right?) and I'm a progressive Dem, but you definitely have earned my vote of support for any re-election.

Have you noticed how well ranked your blog is on google? cheshire + anything yeilds Tim White Listens, and that's a great thing.

Anonymous said...

I just called Dodd's office to express my disappointment -- he missed the vote to consider a no-confidence vote on Gonzales. 5 more votes would have been required in order for it to pass. Nonetheless, we cannot possibly keep a toady in place as attorney general.

Dodd has been great, but I don't want to see signs of him slipping due to a busy campaign schedule.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-11-gonzales-roll-call_N.htm

Anonymous said...

tim when you say I heard or someone told you it really undermines your credibility and makes it seems like you are conducting yourself in a citizen rumor person but not like a real councilman-tell us what you know not what you heard

Anonymous said...

tim when you say I heard or someone told you it really undermines your credibility

Instead of insulting him, why not just ask, "Tim, where did you hear that?"

Tim White said...

CH... thanks for the props.

1:34... As for me providing names, I'm not a reporter.

Oftentimes people tell me things and I simply won't repeat their names because they share their thoughts with me in confidence. And I won't break that trust.

Tim White said...

as for Dodd... he shouldn't miss that vote or any vote, but nothing requires them to vote.

My thought is that political candidates should simply not accept their government paycheck while they are campaigning, if they "miss work."

Tim White said...

ch... Tonight, I spoke with Henry Chase (town gov't channel director). He does not provide DVDs to the library... only VHS tapes on a sporadic basis. So I pointed out to him that if you now walk into a video store... most of their stuff is DVDs... so if he continues providing footage to the library... DVDs may make more sense. Then, in turn, I could start uploading to google video or daily motion or some other website that takes more than 10minutes of footage.... anyway... I'll keep pushing for web-based video. It just makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't the town do this DVD thing? There are many meetings that should be broadcast more often. Northend, budget come to mind. A time schedule would help. Mr. Chase is doing a great job maybe he could use some help. Quinnipiac students or Cheshire High students learning audio visual?