Friday, June 15, 2007

More trash hauler indictments

Since the June 2006 indictments of 29 CT trash haulers, 21 have pled guilty. And now there are more indictments against the eight who are pleading not guilty... plus one more person! But wait... there's more...

Among those additional charges are allegations that some of the defendants tried to bribe politicians and made campaign contributions through straw donors. The politicians have not been identified. (AP)
Wow. Charges of CT politicians being offered bribes? No! I can't believe that. Could you imagine? In Connecticut?

Oh man... the stories never seem to end. I don't know how you feel, but I really long for an Eliot Spitzer. AG Blumenthal can do good... he is chasing down the I-84 folks, such as William Fritz. But I really would love to have someone who doesn't look for every headline and spent more time going after the bad guys... although that may be more of an FBI role... I'm not sure. I just know that I'm tired of all this stuff.

Tim White

No comments: