Thursday, October 15, 2009

Performance contracting is great, PMS... not so much

Councilman Altieri's latest Herald ad caught my attention. As I've been saying on this blog, and during televised Council meetings, I truly appreciate that Matt is now seriously considering the use of performance contracting as a financing mechanism that may help the town save money, conserve energy and make much needed infrastructure improvements to town buildings... particularly our aged schools.

On the flip side though, I have no idea why anyone would campaign on having spent $50,000 on a road consultant and his PMS that can't even tell us which roads will be improved next year if the $1,000,000 gets passed at referendum. But hey, that's me.Tim White

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should add "Turf" grants in the add and not only fire and police.

Anonymous said...

Tim,

When are we going to here about your platform, your ideas for the town?

Contoured Views said...

The problem is, most of the people in this town don't pay attention until their taxes go up.
They don't realize what a phony he is.
Wasted money on the PMS is aq reason why we shouldn't vote for him.
He didn't even start talking to energy companies until a couple of months ago. I recall saying at the time it was a political move and sure enough...
What the heck is a "positve fund balance"?All I see them doing is spend--spend--spend.
Why does he continue to use his high school yearbook picture? Why not be REAL??

Doanations won't work said...

Tony Perugini - my wife and I are both CHS grads - we will not be donating to the turf fund. Please request our $200 from the Town Council.....

Anonymous said...

Altieri includes in his ad - "Bringing an Energy Savings Company to town to help save your tax dollars"

And if he had listened to Tim a long time ago we may have had some savings by now. He only brought this forward right before the election and I have yet to hear him give Tim any credit for the idea.

Tim White said...

I have yet to hear him give Tim any credit for the idea.

haha... I'm also wondering if he would ever do that. But hey... my primary goal is good public policy. So I'm not too concerned about who gets credit for what.

Anonymous said...

How can Altieri come up with Common Sense Solutions, when he has no common sense? He can't even recognise a good idea.

Altieri has to go, he's just too much dead weight that's costing the taxpayers too much.