Thursday, July 30, 2009

75% of Americans want the Fed audited

In March 2007, Ron Paul announced his candidacy for President of the United States. He was roundly dismissed by the pundits... though I loved him and had been donating to him for years.

In December 2007, I drove to New Hampshire to help Ron Paul on his quest to win the January 2008 NH GOP primary. While there I heard people chanting "End the Fed." I had no reason to agree or disagree. I had never really understood what it did.

By the spring of 2008, I learned the difference between fiscal policy and monetary policy. Fiscal policy relates to taxing and spending. Monetary policy relates to the existence of money. For instance, monetary policy enables money to grow on trees! Now, I consider myself a fairly well-informed voter. And I'm guessing that at that moment in time, most people had never heard the phrase monetary policy. And frankly, most of the Gang of 535 had probably never heard the phrase either.

But fast forward to July 29, 2009 and check out the poll released by Rasmussen today:

So much for the ongoing secrecy of the nation’s independent central banking system. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 75% of Americans favor auditing the Federal Reserve and making the results available to the public.

Yee-ha! Ben Bernanke can do all the pressers he wants. The American people know there's a problem and we're not going to let these crooks continue stealing our money without question.

Viva la r3VOLucion!

Tim White

1 comment:

Charles said...

What is the Fed so afraid of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edGB35_Wbd8