Monday, July 09, 2007

Council agenda 7/10

Sorry I didn't a get chance to post this sooner... it's the old and new business for tomorrow's Council agenda:Some thoughts...

6B) Rights (to develop) come with responsibilities (to maintain). I don't see any reason why government should pay for 100% of this project.

7A) This began with... you may have guessed it... dear ole dad! Anyway, this is a small recognition that we absolutely should give to those who have risked their lives for our country. And this update is long overdue.

7D) The Town Manager has done his job this year, but... he hasn't done it the way I think it should be done. So I do have differences with the TM, but... it's also my opinion. And other Council members can legitimately have a different sense of the job that should be performed. As such, I also have differences with those Council members on this. I'll provide more details tomorrow... still sorting out my thoughts.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim the one man crusade vs the town manager=keep it up
I used to vote for you but now forget it
Sorry you have gone off the deep end

Anonymous said...

Who knew that the Town Manager read this blog.

Anonymous said...

The TM is going to be busy making sure that the surplus (Rainy Day Fund) is large enough to make up for the tax drain this NE housing will place on our system. We will need it to keep people in town because the taxes are going to rise faster than property values. Lot of houses will be going up for sale. Keep it up Tim.

Anonymous said...

How's fundgate going? Any answers from Milone?

Anonymous said...

tim
stick to the bigger issues
this is a crazy witch hunt
everyone knows it
why are you so bitter
is it the last election you lost
:Looks that way to me

Anonymous said...

There he goes spamming again (11:55), the partisan shill. Now that he got his way with ND, including low-income housing, he's going back to attacking Tim.

Tim has never shown any "bitterness" about the outcome of the '06 election. I challenge him to show one example. But one thing's for sure -- this shill will be spamming this nonsense from now to election.

And I'm glad at least one council member has the courage to remind town employees who's elected and who's appointed.

Anonymous said...

Yes tim I agree with the 835 post
You are crazy for taking the stand agaisnt the town manager
I am sorry but I am beginning to think the heat has gotten to you

Anonymous said...

Tim
What is your problem?
Cmon give us a break
this is not what we voted for

Anonymous said...

All council members can ask questions. Ask all you want Tim.

Tim White said...

6:19 thanks, but for all I know...

8:35, 4:18 & 5:50 could be the same anon. I take all anonymous comments with a grain of salt. :)

And besides... every vote I cast is in good conscience and with the voters in mind. I can always look myself in the mirror. So no worries for me.

Anonymous said...

Tim, What is this gym or health club membership we pay for the town manager? Is it something new? How much are we paying? And I read in the WRA that other town employees also get a health membership...is that true? Do we pay for theirs too?

Tim White said...

I believe it's "not to exceed $200/yr" or something like that. And I think it's extended to many, if not all, town employees as a "wellness" promotion. In theory, that would mean fewer sick days taken.