Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Southington linear trail

Southington is planning on extending their linear trail (Courant) along the abandoned rail line. Based on the article, here's the best map (yahoo maps) I could find of the general location of the trail extension.

It looks to me as though they're planning on coming down toward the Cheshire line. Although I can't tell if they're planning on extending all the way to the Cheshire line at this time or simply extending toward it.

I wonder if we're going to hear more calls for extending Cheshire's linear trail in the name of "economic development?" I hope not.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is someone finally going to return the state's unwanted "gifts" (paid for by unwilling taxpayers)?

Anonymous said...

Don't hold your breath. The only way to get the trail done is to make a deal with Dalton.

Tim White said...

I read the Courant article again and did the same with the map...

I'm pretty sure that this is what was being discussed a couple years ago...

it's not coming south, it's going north... from Plantsville to Queen Street.

I was thinking that Plantsville bordered Cheshire. But I'm pretty sure that Milldale is on Cheshire's northern border and Plantsville is on Milldale's northern border.