Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Energy Security Leadership Council II

I was wondering how much discussion there has been on the Energy Security Leadership Council's recent report entitled "Recommendations to the Nation on Reducing U.S. Oil Dependence." So I googled "Energy Security Leadership Council." The results were either fantastic for my blog. Or it was bad news for America.

Tim White Listens came up 11th. So either everyone in America now knows me OR no one is paying attention to this report. I'm guessing the latter is true.

Then I clicked on a few of the links ahead of me, including the websites of both Senators Obama and Biden. Joe Biden's comments made my heart sink further. He seemed to use the report as justification for America's need to move to alt fuels. And while I agree with him on that point, he seemed to say that was all we need to do. He seemed to ignore additional exploration.

As well, I was watching some local TV this weekend. And some of CTs own State Reps and State Senators (both Rs & Ds) seemed to be even more clueless about fuels than Joe Biden.

I hope someone wakes up and recognizes the significance of this report.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

No comments: