Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Obama up, Dodd down

Last Friday I opined that I'm annoyed with Senator Chris Dodd. The crux of the issue was that Dodd was complaining about the consequences of the bailout, while he failed to acknowledge that the bailout was his baby in no small part.

I wrote:

Our senior Senator needs to return to kindergarten for an english lesson he never had. He needs to learn five simple words:

"I screwed up. I'm sorry."


But as far as I can tell, Dodd will never say that. Like many politicians (R & D), he thinks too highly of himself.

Dodd's sense of self-worth is not matched by all pols though. Take for instance President Obama. Obama knows he's not perfect. Today he was asked about the wisdom of his choice for HHS secretary nominee - Tom Daschle. And what did Obama say?

"I screwed up... I consider this a mistake on my part and one that I intend to fix and correct and make sure that we're not screwing up again."

I appreciate and respect Obama's words. Dodd on the other hand....

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'ts easier not to be haughty when your dad wasn;t a US Senator