Friday, April 20, 2007

Open forum 4/20

I won't be around, but don't forget about Earth Day. I wish I had details of the events in Cheshire, but I don't... other than what I saw in the Herald (by Leslie Hutchison, DeDominicus hike begins at noon from Old Lane trailhead)... CRRA composters are being sold tomorrow from 9:30am to noon. As well, I'm sure the Environment Commission has organized a hike or two on the town's open space.

If you're learning about hybrid cars, you may want to head over to Bethany Town Hall (40 Peck Road) tomorrow between 1-4pm (Orange Bulletin). Their Earth Day events will include a hybrid car show. And since Bethany doesn't have any Civic Hybrids on their grand list, they asked me to attend. However, since I'm busy, I got them in touch with the one other Civic Hybrid owner (lives in Prospect) I happen to know. So the Bethany show should have (at minimum) Prius', a Civic Hybrid, CRVs and a Civic GX (natural gas) on display.

Next Thursday night will be a forum (mentioned in the Herald, by Leslie Hutchison) on the problems of underage drinking. For more info, check out the Cheshire Cares website.

Two Budget Committee meetings next week... Tuesday we'll discuss guidelines for the town's "general fund" (a.k.a "rainy day fund"). Wednesday will be a meeting with the WPCA. Remember the next PZC public hearing on the ND is scheduled for Monday, May 7.

What else is happening?

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

No comments: