Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thursday's public hearing on the budget

And don't forget... there's a public hearing on the budget on Thursday night at 7:30pm in Town Hall. I didn't attend tonight's budget meeting, but already got an update from Tom Ruocco. He said there are two budget proposals on the table. A Dem proposal increasing spending by 4.25% and a GOP proposal increasing spending by 3.0%... I told Tom that I think we can reduce spending further, but I'm not yet done with my budget analysis.

Regardless, I'll let you all know what I'm thinking, as soon as I'm done with it.

Tim White, CPA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if the dems already have their proposal on the table and the R's have theirs out there, what's the point of anyone from the public giving their comments? It's going to be the dems way - no other.

Anonymous said...

There is no point, the Dem's will not listen. Why ask for public input, even if there were outstanding ideas from the public that made sense, the Dem's in this case would not adjourn to discuss, they would just vote the way they have planned.

Anonymous said...

"SOS" Different year. Until we make some cuts our budget will keep going up and up.

Anonymous said...

How much of a surplus do we need? It's always used against us. Give the taxpayers a break. We need one. Every other year we pay because someone can't do without this program or that. Well how about my program? My program is called "higher prices". I can't do anything about it because it's mandated.

Anonymous said...

What a meeting. There was plenty of good opinions. Hope someone listens to the public. One guy ran from home after watching it on TV and had to say "I disagree with one speaker"( a board member I believe). That's taking action.

Anonymous said...

9:56 I noticed that speaker (Li Fung, sp??) too. I'll probably post the video of those two speakers tonight.