Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A lack of oversight?

It's 1:13am right now and I only got home from the Council meeting a few minutes ago... and I also have to get up early tomorrow morning to (hopefully) go do an interview with the New Haven Independent about my support of Ron Paul and the Ron Paul Blimp!

Anyway, it's too late to do an update on the Council meeting and do it justice. So instead, I offer you this letter I received in the mail today from some avid supporters...

Then the letterWhat's my single biggest impression from this letter? Our little TWL community is opening up government... and that's a good thing.

On one final note though... there are two people in the Town Manager's office who receive that $18,000 overtime budget... though by June 30 of each year, we always seem to be doing those year end budget transfers to increase that $18,000 budget.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th District

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is the letter anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Well, if they are a TWL fan, that's not unusual. :)

Anonymous said...

The letter is anonymous because it is made up by Tim White because he doesnot have anything good to put on his website and he hates michael milone.

Tim White said...

quod... I have no idea why it was anonymous. I could speculate, but the bottom line is that I don't know why.

9:03 That's ridiculous. That's simply not true.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that the after all the hype about an Information Officer, that the function would be done by a secretary in Mr. Milone's office. Why didn't he just say that. As it stand, he is still in complete control of what the public gets, but it is made to look like an impartial Information Officer is in control. All in all, nothing really changed except the secretary got a title and a raise.
I can't see that we are any better off as there has been no improvement in the information flow.

Thanks Tim. Your the one that is keeping us informed.

Anonymous said...

Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?