Thursday, December 06, 2007

Getting past petroleum

My dad clipped an article for me a few days ago.

The topic?

Something of which many of you are probably more aware than others: fuel cells.

In particular, the article was about a car that runs on a fuel cell... Honda's new FCX. I think I'd heard of it before, but never much paid attention. After all, while moving from our petroleum-economy to a hydrogen-economy would be a dream come true for me... absent a distribution network, hygrogen still is impractical and probably won't take hold.

Nonetheless, Honda is pressing forward with their plans in L.A. (Because apparently there are five hygrogen fueling stations, so it may be a viable commuter market.)

I commend them. It's a worthy goal.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Malthus was right. Without population control the limited resources of the earth will be consumed at ever faster rates. It can't go on forever. If you think God gave us a brain, then you have to believe he/she did that for the purpose of us using it.