Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Impeachment proceedings?

Last night there was quite a bit of chatter among Council members on an email all members received. It related to Council support (or lack thereof) for "3 Strikes" legislation. The email's unedited text is below.

As for me, I absolutely support improved persistent offender laws. And support state Senator Sam Caligiuri who (I believe) suggested that if the law is written correctly, CT should have only an additional 140 prisoners... 140 people who will likely never reform. Anyway... here's what Council members, and the press (who I assume were also notified, since I've been contacted), are talking about...

To my newly elected Town Council:

I'm extremely displeased and angered with what has transpired between the pre-election forum by all of the candidates for town council and the recent public forum to approve a judicial agenda to be sent to Hartford as a single united voice of the residents of Cheshire. It is in my own opinion that the 3 Strikes and Your Out Legislation was intentionally overlooked and omitted from this agenda. In-which I am outraged to put it mildly.

As you know I was present at the pre-election public forum and I watched and listened carefully to every one of the candidates as each one of you raised your hand and your voices in favor of a mandatory 3 Strikes and Your Out legislation as part of your individual campaign promise to the voting public of Cheshire.

This information was in my thought process as with many if not all of those in attendance or watching on their televisions at home. How your response was taken was part of my deciding factor when it came time to choose the correct candidate to vote for on November 6th to be a complementary voice in the decision making processes of my town.

We were all lied to by you whom deceived us that day to sway our vote for you and now for whatever reason either lied at that public forum or has reversed their support of a mandatory 3 Strikes Law just one month later, intentionally or not.

I as a voting citizen of this town demand a one word answer (by way of reply to this email,)from you all on the question that was simply posed to you on that day of the pre-election public forum of whether you do support this proposed law or not. I demand a quick and simple one word answer of "YES" or "NO." I will presume that anyone who does not reply has answered "NO" by default.

I do not wish to have a long drawn out letter describing your position, I just demand a "YES" or "NO" one word answer.

If I receive a "NO" answer from any one of you even by default, I would have no other recourse but to petition the Secretary of the State of Connecticut, The Elections Enforcement Commission and the Governor to invalidate the past Town Council elections of the Town of Cheshire. I will call for another election to take place, this time with the voters knowledge of your truthful position on this most serious issue.

I will have right to do so under State Law as it pertains to election fraud. If this does not get approved I will then be pressed to call for an impeachment of those candidates that lied at the pre-election public forum who deceived the voters of The Town of Cheshire into voting for them with subsequent intent to defraud in order to win your council seat.

If I fail for a second time, then this information gathered here by means of your replies will be published in all the local news papers and other Media in order to divulge your true position on the safety of the citizens of Cheshire and the State of Connecticut. I'm sure the voters who were deceived will not forget when election time comes around again in two years, I certainly will not.


Michael J Rocci

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not go after Bush for promising to be a "compassionate conservative" and to keep out of other countries? Or how about his Dad for "no new taxes"?

But the three strikes law seems inane..is it really going to prevent another horrible murder? The suspects would not have qualified under the 3 strikes proposal.

Anonymous said...

There are changes that must be made... particularly with our screwed up parole system.

Anonymous said...

Tim Michael Rocci is crazy. Do you support this letter and the way that he has gone about it? Do you have any idea what he has proposed? Do you support something that you have have not read or seen his propsal? Tim do you think that the election should be recalled? Are you sure that this is the approach that Dr. Petit would want?

Lou Murray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lou Murray said...

It is time for the people that govern to be held to their word

Anonymous said...

I too recall the candidates forum, however I remember it differently than Mr. Rocci. My recollection is that a number of candidates equivocated on their answer as to whether they supported a stronger 3 Strikes law. While I happen to be a strong YES on this issue, it was clear to me that not all of the candidates were agreed. Before Mr. Rocci calls someone a liar or accuses them of fraud, he should review the tape.

Does anyone know if the forum video is still available for viewing?

Anonymous said...

the three strikes law..is it really going to prevent another horrible murder?

PROBABLY YES.
What is it you don't understand about keeping repeat, violent criminals locked up?

The suspects would not have qualified under the 3 strikes proposal

THEN THE LAW SHOULD BE CHANGED so career "non-violent" criminals with 20-plus felony convictions also stay locked up.

Your comments on the Bushes have nothing to do with this topic. Just a liberal smokescreen.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone recall the "senior tax relief" promised during the 2005 election? This is following the same path. Go Mr Rocci.

Anonymous said...

One strike and your out. That is whats needed.You commit a felony and your put away for life. You harm a child, rape somebody your put away for life.