Thursday, December 20, 2007

Herald online

So has everyone taken a peek at the new online version of the Herald? For me, I think it's great that they're moving in that direction... still a bit too complicated for my taste though. I'd prefer to avoid the "virtual" *.pdf files and popup windows... just give a list of all articles/op-eds on the homepage.

I know that may compete with, what I presume is, additional sales revenue for the advertising that's displayed online. But heck, as a customer, I'm probably ready for online retail's long-desired microsales... buy one article for $0.10 or $0.20 or whatever. And maybe even have to deal with a popup window advertisement. But that may be just me. After all, I'm a CPA, not an online media content editor.

Regardless, good on the Herald for making the effort to move into cyberspace... and a special hat tip to whomever recognized the need for asking if you have hi-speed or dialup. Poor connections can be so annoying.

Tim White

p.s. Remember... Ron Paul will be on Meet the Press this Sunday for the full hour. I hope you tell your friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if they moved to real reporting and reporting the truth instead of their reporting being dictated by their advertisers and their concern for their bottom line. It is all too obvious from their reporting on the N/E mall that their advertisers have a great say in determining what they do and don't report.

They have not served the people of Cheshire well with their biased reporting.

Anonymous said...

So far there have been ads for the mall and now against, so which way do you think they have reported? In favor of what side?
As a person who sees the pros and cons of both camps, I feel they have reported the facts, and quoted both sides in their stories. I've never gotten the feeling they are slanted one way or another.