Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for the wonderful people who've helped me the past few days. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm doing much better. Much of the past few days I thought I might be better off dead. Obviously that's not true, but it was pretty horrible. And yes, it was malaria. Now I know that I'm supposed to start a cycle of chloroquine immediately at the onset of symptoms... not wait two days. Stupid me. Thankfully, I can still say... live and learn!

On a more interesting note... I noticed a report that Governor-elect Malloy is considering naming someone from Bristol to head Veterans' Affairs. Wouldn't it make Cheshire politics interesting if he instead chose a veteran named Al Adinolfi? Special election in the 103rd!

Again though, thank you to the people who nursed me back to health... and to all my well-wishers. It means a lot to me sitting in Jeremie. Now that I've been here a month, I have a much better understanding of the phrase "hardship posting." Saigon was much easier than this.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back in the saddle. You had us worried Tim. And please don't forget the bug repellant from now on!

Tim S