Monday, November 13, 2006

Why Shays won

"'I'm not thrilled with any of them,' (Shays) said" when asked who he would support for Republican minority leader in the House.

OK. There are many reasons why Chris Shays won (Courant, by David Lightman) in this Democratic landslide, but his independence is certainly one of the main reasons. And while I'm sure I disagree with him on many issues, I do respect him. I'm glad that he was reelected.

Tim White
Town Council, 4th district
TimWhite98@yahoo.com

p.s. Congratulations to Cheshire's adopted son, Chris Murphy! I wish him all the best. Between getting engaged and elected, he's going to be a busy guy for the next 12 months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you left out househunting in a town closer to the big donors in suburban Hartford for his '10 statewide race

Tim White said...

hahaha... I'll take a guess you're talking about Murphy, not Shays??

Anonymous said...

Shays says he isn't "thrilled with any of them" when referring to the potential House Minority leaders like John Boehner. He had no problem, however, hosting Boehner back in the fall in Stamford for a private big dollar big donor fundraiser. Hypocrite that hides his hypocrasy well.

Tim White said...

anon 12:15... really? I missed that. Assuming it's true, that is pretty hypocritical.