Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Conn DOT to work on Route 70 bridge

From the NHRs Luther Turmelle:

Replacement of the bridge will require Route 70, a main thoroughfare between Cheshire and Meriden, to be closed for an undetermined amount of time, he said. About 20 residents who live on the eastern side of the brook, near the border with Meriden, would not have direct access to other parts of Cheshire while the bridge was fully shut down, Michelangelo said.

Anyone happen to know where exactly this is? I'm thinking there's a bridge on the way when I take the back roads to the Square... it's right before that retaining wall (that's kinda freaked me out since I was little kid cuz it's so odd-looking... ha!). Is it that bridge? I never really was sure where Cheshire ended and Diamond Hill started. I just figured the river was the border.

Tim White

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bridge is near the Meriden Water property. It is before Diamond Hill. The town line is up Diamond Hill and slightly past the first corner. In that area, the border is on the other side of the river. The Meriden Water property is really in Cheshire as is almost all of the resevoir. I do not believe Cheshire gets any water from the resevoir.